The SafeBuy Assurance Scheme
"Accreditation is an essential part of developing customer confidence to purchase online. Mr Fothergill’s Seeds is delighted to be a member of SafeBuy, and we believe that we are seeing its benefits through increased web sales year on year."
Jessica Hawkins, Web Development Manager,
Mr Fothergill's Seeds
"Provenly conforming to the highest standards in the UK ecommerce industry is enormously valuable to us in online trading. We are delighted to be members of SafeBuy."
Mark Anderson, Head of Ecommerce, Robert Dyas
"As well as providing a safety net for consumers, SafeBuy has the potential
to be a powerful benchmark for best practice web marketing."
Professor Derek Holder, Managing Director, Institute of Direct Marketing.
The SafeBuy Code of Practice
SafeBuy Code of Practice is Stage One approved under the Trading Standards Institute Consumer Codes Approval Scheme.
The Code, amongst other things, requires web retailers to:
- Adhere to the terms of the Sale of Goods Act, the EU Distance Selling Regulations and the EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications
- Conform to the Data Protection Act 1998
- Provide security for the processing of credit card transactions
- Include physical location and contact details for themselves on their website
- Display the total price consumers must pay for goods including delivery costs and provide a clear explanation of the delivery procedures
- Advise the consumer if 'cookies' are required for the processing of data
- Not use 'spam' for marketing purposes
- Avoid exploitation of children
SafeBuy Star Ratings
Benefits of the Star Ratings Scheme
- With increasing demands from consumers for web merchant independent ratings the SafeBuy Star Rating system clearly shows that SafeBuy members are way ahead of their competitors in consumer satisfaction.
- See what consumers are saying about you and adjust your operations to increase their satisfaction still further. Their rating of you in 10 areas and their overall comments are available to you and put in the public domain. This can do you nothing but good.
- You can use the SafeBuy Stars logo on your website as big and bold as you like. The logo has an active link to the survey results and comments for your site.
- It's really simple to qualify for the Stars logo. You invite your customers to complete a two minute survey form after you have shipped goods to them. The smartest way to do this is to just CC our secure research site on your customer order acknowledgment. We'll email them independently with the survey a few days after you have shipped the goods. That's when they will be most aware of you and hopefully very happy with you.
Here's an example of the survey and customer responses from one of our
here’s how Stitching Cards have used their Stars logo (scroll down on the right of the page linked here):
'We've been using the SafeBuy Star Rating system for several years and are thrilled with the positive effect it has had in turning site visitors into customers.'
David Jefferson, Sole Trader, Stitching Cards
SafeBuy's eCommerce Monthly
Written entirely by professionals who are working in the industry every day. Not journalists rehashing press releases.
How much time do you have to read all the data that comes out about eCommerce each month? We solve the problem. Just 15 minutes of reading what these leading players are saying will give you a real snapshot of how to improve your business next month.
Just some of our writers…
Stephen Mahaney, CEO, Planet Ocean
Stephen Mahaney is the owner and CEO of Planet Ocean, a research company that's been publishing the award winning e-book "The Unfair Advantage Book on Winning the Search Engine Wars".
Julie has been working in the field of IT since 2000. She switched to search engine marketing in 2002, soon became head of search, and managed that team for a small IT firm for 3 years before quitting to start her own agency, Link Fish Media, Inc.
Conversion Rate Experts
Conversion Rate Experts is an international consultancy that has worked with companies such as Sony, Vodafone, 888, Foxy Bingo, SEO Book and many more.
Stu Carty, Regional Development Director, Constant Contact
With more than 20 years progressive experience in the enterprise software industry, Stu Carty is a veteran sales and marketing specialist.
"Totally up-to-date, on-the-button, let’s-do-it stuff."
eCommerce Monthly – where 15 minutes reading gives you the GREAT IDEAS for next month.